Saturday, June 20, 2009

SUMMER, SUMMER, SUMMER

So, it has been awhile and that seems to be the common theme with this blog! Oh well, life is busy. School is over and the summer has been in session for a couple of weeks now. Ryan and I have managed to stay pretty busy these last couple of weeks. I have been working at Tates Creek Pool. I really love it; even in the stressful moments that happen just about everyday. Ryan has been coaching in football camps and he is headed to PassPort Camp with the church youth group in a week.

We had the good fortune to go on a mini-vacation to Florida last week. Ryan's aunt and uncle along with his cousins live in Ormond Beach, Florida and his cousin, Katie, got married last Saturday. The wedding was beautiful and the reception was truly amazing. The vacation was fun because we were able to spend time with family along with time at the beach and shopping at the outlet mall! Ryan and I made some shopping compromises while in Florida: I got a Coach purse and he got Oakley sunglasses! We both left very happy.

We are working on doing some home renovations this summer. Today we bought paint for the kitchen, our bedroom, and our bathroom. We are doing a golden color in the kitchen, a palm green in the bathroom, and a blue in the bedroom. Next week we will be completing a painting marathon! After that we need to finish the office above the garage by buying some furniture and hanging pictures, completing some backyard landscaping (everything Bella has dug up), touch-up the living room paint, clean out the garage, hang curtains... I think the list is never ending!

It has been nice not having graduate school during the month of June and I wish it could stay true for the rest of the summer but unfortunately I have a class in July. The good thing is that Gayla and I will be back together again! I'm sure we will be getting into all kinds of trouble while making sure to stay focused on getting the 4.0 GPA master's degree!

Maybe I'll be back next week to add some more details from our lives, but hey I can't make any promises :) I think I'll post funny pool stories too!

No comments: