Thursday, July 10, 2008

Graduate School (Warning, I Am NOT Saying Anything Positive)

Things I know about graduate school...

1. The professors must think I'm dense because they all say the same thing over and over and over and they think I don't get it

2. I have now watched the same video (teaching kids about diversity throught finding their true skin color using Crayola paints) 4 times

3. It would be great if I didn't have to write the same paper twice (okay it was a little different because one was about the school I teach at and one was about the middle school I am placed at right now but it was the same format with the same information)

4. One teacher told us to not use graphic organizers

5. Another teacher has a stack of graphic organizers for us to use on a daily basis (irony??)

6. Have any of these professors taught elementary school in the last 5-10 years? Sometimes I'm not sure if they've ever been in a classroom full of 27 elementary kids

7. The grad. school thinks my undergraduate career was a complete waste (now I agree this is somewhat true however I realized I did learn quite a bit)

8. Paying 1000's of dollars in tuition for classes that are basically teaching the same thing is a complete waste. I could have a great LCD TV in my new house but NO I have grad. school

9. Writing a 10 page paper in one night stinks (No, I did not procrastinate. We didn't get the syllabus until Wed. afternoon, I had to get the information on Thursday from the students, The paper is due on Friday)

10. I have to get 33 credit hours to complete my masters however I have to spend approximately 5 hours each day for 3 weeks in just ONE class? That doesn't even count the 4th week in which I write a research paper.

However, I will put a smile on my face and only complain (after this post) to Gayla for the next 3 weeks!

2 comments:

Team Mitchell & Crew said...

I just want to hug you! Yes. It sucks. Period.

Abby said...

Ha ha ha! I laughed sooo hard reading that! I know think of all the thing I could do with 1,000 a class! Our pay raise is not even that much! We will get done eventually!